Apple unveiled the iPhone 5 this week, with a new taller, thinner design, faster A6 chip, and smaller “Lightning” dock connector.
News and Insights
- CNET – Everything you need to know about the iPhone 5
- TechCrunch – iPhone 5 pre-orders topped 2 million in the first 24 hours of availability, 20x faster than 4 and 4S
- Mashable – Just how fast is the iPhone 5′s Apple A6 processor?
- CIO – Apple leaves out NFC in the iPhone5. Were they right to wait?
- CIO - 8 ways new iPhone 5 hardware will enhance iOS apps
- GigaOm - Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer drops clues on Surface pricing and what’s ahead
- AdAge - Zuckerberg: Mobile will be key to Facebook’s success
- Mobile Commerce Daily - Isis delays mobile wallet launch after iPhone 5 NFC snub
- CIO - Microsoft prepares developers for Windows Phone 8 SDK launch
- CIO - Is Windows 8 the answer to consumerization of IT woes?
- TNW – The US House of Representatives explores the ‘state of apps economy’
- TabTimes – Boston Children’s Hospital relies on two different tablets to take care of its kids
- Fast Company - Windows 8: the boldest, biggest redesign in Microsoft’s history
- GfK MRI – 63% of tablet owners use device while watching TV, 41% say TV time is always a two-screen experience
- uSamp - Men are more likely to go mobile shopping, top purchase categories included electronics, event tickets, food and drinks
- Bloomberg – Analysts predict Apple will sell 58 million iPhone5s this year, racking up as much as $36.2 billion
- Gartner – 93% of all mobile apps will be free by 2016
- IDC - Worldwide IT spending on track to grow by 6% in 2012, thanks to strong smartphone and tablet sales